This notice was last updated in May 2018.
Bantry Bay Golf Club CLG (BBGC)
Maintaining the security of your data is a priority at BBGC and we are committed to respecting your privacy rights. We promise to handle your data fairly and legally at all times. BBGC is also committed to being transparent about what data we collect about you and how we use it.
This notice, which applies whether you use our website, contact us by telephone or e-mail, or visit our shop & restaurant, provides you with information about:
- The legal basis which we rely on when collecting and processing your data.
- What personal data we collect.
- How and why we use your data.
- How we protect your data.
- Your legal rights relating to your personal data.
If you have any questions about how BBGC uses your personal data that are not answered here, or if you want to exercise your rights regarding your personal data, please contact us by the following means:
Phone us: 027-50579
Email us: email@example.com
Write to us: Bantry Bay Golf Club, Donemark, Bantry, Co.Cork, P75 DT68
Legal Basis For Processing Your Data
BBGC collects and uses customer’s personal data because it is necessary for:
- The pursuit of our legitimate interest.
- The purposes of complying with our duties and exercising our rights under a contract for membership and the sale of goods to a customer or member.
- Complying with our legal obligation.
In certain situations, we require your data to pursue our legitimate interests in a way which might reasonably be expected as part of running our business and which does not materially impact your rights, freedom or interests.
Examples of legitimate interest include:
- Promoting, marketing and advertising our products and services.
- Sending promotional communications which are relevant to individual customers.
Where we have relied on legitimate interest to send a direct marketing communication, you have the right to opt out of receiving these at any time.
We require your data to comply with contractual obligations.
Examples of contractual obligations include:
- Selling and supplying goods to our customers.
- Passing details to our third party system providers, e.g. Handicap Master, Golfnet.
- Handling customer contacts, queries, complaints or disputes.
In certain situations, the law requires us to collect and process your data.
Examples of legal compliance include:
- Protecting customers, employees and other individuals and maintaining their safety, health and welfare.
- Complying with our legal and regulatory obligations, such as maintaining records of our sales for VAT purposes.
- Preventing, investigating and detecting crime, fraud or anti-social behaviour and prosecuting offenders, including working with law enforcement agencies.
- Protecting BBGCG, its employees and customers, by taking appropriate legal action against third parties who have committed criminal acts or are in breach of legal obligations to BBGC.
- Effectively handling any legal claims or regulatory enforcement actions taken against BBGC.
What Personal Data We Collect
BBGC may collect the following information about you:
- Your full name.
- Your contact details: postal address including billing and delivery addresses, telephone numbers (including mobile numbers) and e-mail address.
- Your communication and marketing preferences.
- Your correspondence and communications with BBGC.
- Other publicly available personal data, including any which you have shared via a public platform (such as a Twitter feed or public Facebook page).
How And Why We Use Your Data
BBGC uses your personal data:
- To process your orders.
- To facilitate club membership.
- To make a tailored website available to you.
- To verify your identity.
- For crime and fraud prevention, detection and related purposes.
- To contact you electronically about promotional offers and products that we think may be of interest to you.
- For market research purposes, to better understand your needs.
- To enable BBGC to manage customer service interactions with you.
- Where we have a legal right or duty to use or disclose your information (for example in relation to an investigation by a public authority or in a legal dispute).
BBGC uses your personal data for electronic marketing purposes with the aim of updating you about products or events which are of interest and relevance to you as an individual and to inform you of any promotional offers.
You have the right to opt out of receiving promotional communications at any time by:
- Refusing permission for use of your e-mail address for marketing purposes at the time you place an order with us.
- Contacting BBGC via the contact channels in this notice to be removed from marketing correspondence.
SHARING DATA WITH THIRD PARTIES
Our service providers and suppliers:
In order to make certain services available to you, we may need to share your personal data with some of our service partners. These include Handicap Master, Tee Time Booking system providers and Golfing Bodies.
BBGC only allows its service providers to handle your personal data when we have confirmed that they apply appropriate data protection and security controls. We also impose contractual obligations on service providers relating to data protection and security, which means they can only use your data to provide services to BBGC and to you, and for no other purposes.
Other third parties:
Aside from our service providers, BBGC will not disclose your personal data to any third party, except as set out below. We will never sell or rent our customer data to other organisations for marketing or any other purpose.
We may share your data with:
- Credit reference agencies where necessary for card payments.
- Governmental bodies, regulators, law enforcement agencies, courts/tribunals and insurers where we are required to do so to comply with our legal obligations, exercise our legal rights (for example in court cases), for the prevention, detection, investigation of crime or prosecution of offenders and for the protections of our employees and customers.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR DATA?
We will not retain your data for longer than necessary for the purposes set out in this notice. Different retention periods apply for different types of data, however the longest we will normally hold any personal data is 7 years.
How We Protect Your Data
BBGC is committed to keeping your personal data safe and secure. Our security measures include:
- Computer safeguards such as firewalls and data encryption.
- Regular assessments of all service providers who may handle your personal data.
- Security controls which protect our systems from external attack and unauthorised access.
- Internal policies setting out our data security approach and training for employees.
Legal Rights Over Your Data
You have the following rights:
- The right to ask what personal data we hold about you at any time and have this supplied within one month.
- The right to ask us to update and correct any out of date or incorrect personal data that we hold about you.
- The right to opt out of any marketing communications that we may send you (as set out above).
- The right to object to us processing your personal information if we are not entitled to use it any more, to have your information deleted if we are keeping it too long or have its processing restricted in certain circumstances.